How to Save Gif Hunts Easier
I know people suffer from time to time, going through gif hunts with 100+ gifs and having to save them all. I’ve done it, and have been looking everywhere for an easier alternative. I learned a trick from an old RPH here (I believe it was an Ezra Miller RPH ) that definitely helps with that, and takes less time! Pretty sweet, right?
Let’s get started.
Thank you to selenahunts for being my model. ♡
1. Find your gif hunt. I’m just going to go down the gif hunt tag and find a gif hunt I like. Don’t forget to like the gif hunt you’re getting the gifs from. Oh, awesome. A gif hunt of Chachi Gonzalez. Click on the read more.
2. Make sure the page loads fully. You do want all of the gifs, don’t you?
3. Right click on the page and click on Save (Page) As….
4. Save the webpage where you want to save it. I saved mine to my downloads, and, for easier location, I saved it as ‘Chachi Gonzales’.
5. Locate the webpage, and the associating folder. You can delete the .html file, and go into the folder that contains the files.
6. Isolate the gifs. On a Mac, just type “.gif” into the search bar in Finder. Make sure you click the folder at the top, or it will search through your whole computer (yikes). The process is relatively the same in Windows.
7. Remove the “.js”, “.html”, and sidebar gifs that you see. These aren’t what you need, and mostly have to do with the CSS of the page your gifs came from.
8. Copy all of the gifs left.
9. Then, open up a new folder where you keep your gifs for your celebrities. I keep them in my (what do you know) Celebrities folder. Rename the folder to the celebrities’ name.
10. Drag the gifs to the folder.
And look at that, you’re set, with all of your new gifs! You can now delete the folder you dragged the gifs from.
Congrats on your newly acquired gifs!